Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010 in Germany

Our little fairy!
Fly, little Fairy, FLY, right NOW!

We - as a family - don't really celebrate Halloween here. The traditions are sweaping over though from the US. Every year more and more Halloween decoration in the stores. And more Halloween Parties for adults. I have the problem, that we got a cute little fairy outfit for Lenara from our US family. But I don't really know when to put it on her. We celebrate Carneval in February where Kids (and adults, but they usually only use the parties to get wasted) dress up. So I thought about organizing our own little Halloween Party and invite the kids we know. But I was afraid to do it, bc those mothers are so stressed out and I think they would have hated me to make them find (not even talking about making) a costume for the kids.

So we just spent a wonderful family day and celebrated my grandmothers 87th birthday - with our little fairy, of course! She loves the glitter shoes (that her US Nana HAD to get her, although Mommy wasn't crazy about them, as they don't even fit her properly!) and the little magic wand! I'm curious, if she will grow up being a girly girl - having pink all over her room (not that she has a room - haha) and asking for a horse every Christmas. It's not like I really care (like you said, it's not so much about the Moms), but pleeeeease let us pass the horse and kitten phase.... ;)

3 comments:

  1. So, I love that you are starting your own traditions also. Go, you!,,
    I wonder also if Olivia will be a girly girl. Seems to be going that way, kittens and horses here we come. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, Lenara's the cutest little fairy I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her shoes make the outfit!! love Nana

    ReplyDelete