Monday, November 15, 2010

Kids imitating

I think it's amazing to see how children imitate others and learn so much from just watching. I'm amazed every day, bc Lenara does something surprising and new. Today she was so cute with this doll we borrowed from daycare (a Waldorf doll that I wanted to have a closer look at in preparation for the one I will make). She kept putting an imaginary pacifier in the dolls mouth, which I have never seen her do before. She held the baby in her arms and rocked it. She sat the doll next to herself in a chair and read a book to her - pointing out all the details we usually point out together. Obviously the doll wasn't paying attention well enough, bc Lenara took the dolls head several times and bent it down facing towards the book. Later on, she came up to me asking for help, as the doll was supposed to go in the back carrier. So I took a scarf and wrapped the doll on her own back. Then they went on a walk together all through the apartment. I just loved watching this amazing scene with one eye from the kitchen...

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you carried Lenara like that. Apperently, she remembers too!

    ReplyDelete