Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Making a doll - should I?

Jenn, as you were talking about homemmade Christmas gifts in your last post and also posted a picture of this cute doll, I had an idea -- another inspiration. Lenara only has stiff hard plastic dolls that friends and family gave her. So therefore those are meaningful too. But she loves the Waldorf dolls at daycare - they are so soft. And I know the daynanny's 12 year old daughter just recently made her first one. So it can't be that hard...

I looked for instructions online and this is a tutorial for a super cute one:
Tutorial and pattern for a basic Waldorf doll
Tutorial for doll's hair





And bybido makes awesome toys - dolls also - and shows them in her blog. I love the way she does the eyes. There's also a hair tutorial. Plus other crafty projects with her children, for example this pop-up cone puppet tutorial. Lenara loves the old cone puppet from my childhood days at my parents'. I love her Blog!





Let's see, if that's something I get done for Christmas... I also have sooooo many things on the list or rather not finished behind my couch... The children's stove I started at the beginning of the year is also on the list for Lenara's Christmas gifts.

I know, Olivia's Mommy has made many dolls before. Would you share some pics here? That would be great inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment