Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Outdoor Time

Since its been cold and wet we have not changed the rhythm of our days much. Yesterday and today we went to two of our favorite outdoor spots; Hilltop Park and the sports field across the street. Olivia usually looks for flowers but they have been decreasing now for months.

Today, she threw her arms up in the air and looked all around at the leaves. She isn't talking yet but it was as if she was saying, "There are leaves everywhere!" She had been looking through the window and banging on the door so I thought we would go and play in the rain. Olivia in her snow clothes and boots which are waterproof and me in my scarf and coat. The voice of Nina was haunting me for letting Olivia play in the rain and puddles. But, we went across the street with the dog, too. First, Olivia discovered the Cheerios we dropped the other day. I thought birds would have eaten them so I didntbother picking the five of them, up, but i did today. Olivia kept pointing to them. I know she remembered.
Olivia found a puddle and stomped in it immediately. How is it that she knew exactly what to do!? Then sat in it and started splashing. She had the best time. Squeals. Laughs. I splashed my hands in it too, because she convinced me, "This is so much fun, Mommy! "
I kept feeling her hands and they were cold so i warmed them up with my hands. She is obsessed with being outside,and close to the earth. I loved today. (The before and after pictures are on my 'big camera' and will post them as soon as they are downloaded).

These photos are from our time yesterday at Hilltop,which is a serene place. We built a gnome home and walked on logs, and chewed on sticks. It was a lovely time with my girl. And her doggy.




















All of this outdoor fun makes me excited for our first "schnee'!!!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Maryland

1 comment:

  1. You are picking up German so quickly! Keep it going! I love those outside pictures. I feel the same way, just being outside in nowhere land and exploring is the most peaceful and fun time.

    ReplyDelete