Thursday, December 2, 2010

Doll making Inspiration

Sending good vibes your way, Lenara's Mommy!

" ......a handcrafted doll is one of a kind, an individual which carries the spirit of the maker in its stitches and absorbs the spirit of the child who loves it".

Check out this little site I've been spying on. It's quite an endeavor and you are undertaking it! Go you!
The head looks tricky. I've seen some waldorf dolls that look scary and mean, unintentionally. That spacing of the eyes really matters.

http://simmy.typepad.com/echoesofadream/2006/10/basic_instructi.html

Can't wait to see Lenara's baby! I'm sure it'll be a happy one!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I know that site! It's one of the main sites I'm working with. There's also a tutorial on it! ;)) Thanks though. I appreciate your support - I was really nervous in the beginning. This is really special. Like the quote says: A lot of spirit goes into making a doll. I would recommend every mother to make a doll for their children - it's a very exciting and spiritual work. I'm sure this isn't the last one I'm making...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I think it's a lot about the size of the eyes also. Small eyes look starring - I figured out...

    ReplyDelete