Friday, December 10, 2010

Big News (Doll Making Part V)






I tried to finish the hair today - and first big news: I'm running out of hair to finish the hairstyle I was planning on! Ahhh! So I thought about my options: A) ordering more yarn and hoping it will be here on time (last delivery took more than 2 weeks) or B) doing a different hairstyle. Eventually I went for the ponytail style and a parting on one side - as you can see in the pictures. It's still a bit wild and not as "well-behaved" as I imagined a ponytail in the beginning. This way I just had to add strings of hair around the far outline of the wig - and not all over. I'm not stitching the hairstyle tight and securely to the head yet, as first I want to make sure, this hairstyle works for Lenara playing with it. If there are any disadvantages to it, I can still change it (after ordering more yarn, of course).

But, second big news are even B-I-G-G-E-R - by finishing the hairstyle a name popped up in my head - out of nowhere! I have no idea, how I came up with it. And I don't think I've ever heard of it as a girl's name before (I'm quite sure though, it is a girls name). During the day today I was actually convinced that since I put out "Lizzy" last week, there'd be no way of changing it again - since I've been thinking of "Lizzy" being hidden behind my couch all this time until now. Funny, now that her real name got revealed, I can't see "Lizzy" in her anymore. ;)

Tataaataaaaa:

Hi, I'm MARUUN (Maroon), Lenara's best friend!

What do you think? I had to look up the word as I wasn't quite sure, what it means. I like the meaning of the noun. But I'm not so happy with the verb. Do you think it matters? I chose a German way of spelling it, just bc she's German. I made it up, never seen it before. So in the end, I think it's just bc of her somewhat German-North American origin (*smile*). I can see people ask me (and Lenara): "why has your doll such a weird name?" and I feel bad... bc I really have no idea. Is it my fault, that the revelation said Maruun?

Up next:
- sew buttons on the pants
- finish crochetting coat, sew together
- maybe crochetting shoes/socks
- is that it?
- oh, and find a nice box to wrap her

I feel bad, is it ok, to hide a little blonde girl rolled up in an old sweater behind my couch for weeks and then put her in a dark box? Seriously I feel guilty every time I wrap her in the sweater... (I'm alone too often, it's too obvious now that I said it).

No comments:

Post a Comment