Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Pillowcase Dress





It turned out really narrow as the biggest piece I got out of the shirt wasn't quite as big as I had hoped it to be. According to my measurements it should fit Lenara (tightly), but I'm really nervous (She will only be back home in two hours). I couldn't decide whether to put one of those big buttons on the lower part or the felt heart. I'm not sure, what happens, if you put the felt heart in the washing machine. I ended up using both and putting a press button on the heart, so I can take it off for washing. I figured she might lose the heart, if I put velcro on it, which was my first idea. Let's see how long this stays on... fingers crossed for this dress fitting her.

It's a shame, I missed a really nice sunny afternoon. But... this idea had been on my mind all night (we have been up half of the night, as Lenara had a really bad tummy ache) - and I just HAD to get it out there. I want some good sleep tonight. LOL.

added later:






I get her into it, but I don't really like the slim look. Looks like an apron. Thanks for posing though, Lenara, even though you were so tired... poor little girl.
Maybe we'll still get used to this look. Who knows.

1 comment:

  1. I love your dress, and what a great idea to use an old shirt! My daughter suffers from the "skinny disease" too!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you will come back again!
    http://inmysparetime2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete