Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cleaning our muddy shoes



I never clean my shoes. Meaning N-E-V-E-R. Less than I clean my windows or my oven or my car to give you an idea. As we have been wandering around in mud a lot lately, we couldn't help but clean our shoes. Lenara keeps putting her shoes on and off at home - which always spreads a lot of dirt and makes me angry every time she does it (like 10 times a day). So I told her (and myself!) that we'd have to clean them now. Surprisingly it turned out to be great fun! Each of us did her own shoes. She watched me doing it very closely and seriously she cleaned her own shoes perfectly. My not-even-2-year-old! I'm so proud. Of her. And myself. For cleaning our shoes. And the sparkling thought that I might never have to clean her shoes...

Involving the little ones in all task is the way to go - I'm more than convinced - once again!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you included Lenara in on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her birthday is April 11th. Why? U want to send her a shoe cleaning set?! LOL. Go ahead! It's all about the Moms influencing their kids' passions...

    ReplyDelete