Monday, February 21, 2011

HypnoBirthing® - Mongan Method

I am thinking a lot about Hypnobirthing these days - again. It's always in the back of my mind. My dream is to work as a Hypnobirthing instructor one day - sooner or later. I'm not sure, if it's something I can achieve soon, bc the programme costs quite a bit plus considering the fact, that I have to earn our living with my next job, which I'm not sure teaching Hypnobirthing would offer.

Anyway, I have to get more information first, which I'm about to do. But I think, the reason why I'm thinking about it again these days is the fact, that a lot people around me are having babies (again). And I wish everyone to have a good birthing experience - which is a gift for life, both the baby's and the family's life. Having a stress-free, trauma-free, spiritual birth that keeps in mind the miracle and power of nature and women - it's something every family deserves. It should be a basic right. I feel so sorry for all women who are trying to delete their memories about their birthing experience as it wasn't a good one. This doesn't have to happen like that - and especially, it doesn't have to stay like. I'm very convinced of this method - even though I didn't have the chance yet to try it myself. I'll link to information, so you can get your own opinion.

Unfortunately in Germany, health insurance only pays for regular birthing classes - although it seems to me that Hypnobirthing classes are so much more helpful. But even though you have to pay for it on your own, I think it's worth it. For my next birth I would ask my family and friends to donate for a good birthing experience, instead of baby clothes that last for about 2 weeks, 126 stuffed animals in pink etc etc. There's really not much you need to take care of a baby (something I've learnt after having had my first child). Therefore I will invest in the greatest gifts of all next time - a natural and positive birthing experience.

If I can't be an instructor just now and can't try it myself, it's my goal to at least spread the word. Feel free to tell all your pregnant friends about it. You can also contact people, who have done Hypnobirthing classes before (via websites or facebook).

Here is a quote from the official website:
HypnoBirthing® is a rewarding, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing that teaches a mother, along with her birthing companion the art and joy of experiencing birth in an easier, more comfortable and often pain-free manner that most nearly mirrors nature. HypnoBirthing® - the Mongan method is time proven since 1989 celebrating an internationally known birthing program using self-hypnosis. The program is based on the theories from Grantly Dick-Read, the father of natural childbirth. [...]

Advantages of HypnoBirthing®

* Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing.
* Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers.
* Shortens the first stage of labor by several hours.
* Eliminates fatigue during labor, leaving mother fresh, awake, and with energy for actual birthing.
* Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from "shallow" breathing methods.
* Promotes special bonding of mother, baby, and birthing companion.
* More rapid postnatal recovery.
* Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience nature intended.
* Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.

Official Hypnobirthing Website for Germany and Switzerland (English language)

Official Hypnobirthing Website for US

Hypnobirthing Instructor that teaches in my area. She has a very good website with lots of information, links and her own birthing story.




I also own the official book. If any of my German friends would like to have a look at it, please don't hesitate to ask me about it. Or purchase at Amazon here.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this... one year later, I'm an instructor (almost). Who would have thought this to come true a year ago... magical!

    ReplyDelete