Sunday, February 13, 2011

The crazier I feel, the more I sew

Today, I felt very, very crazy.
Maybe it was because I had a weird dream about an ex this week, or maybe it was Olivia wanting to be held incessantly while all I want to do is ween.

Putting all this weirdness in my head to some sort of measured productivity, I made some stuff.

I made this last, and it took only about 5 minutes. Maybe 7. But, you get the idea. It started with a second hand wool sweater
These next two photos were my inspiration: I don't know the sources though...




< />













This is a skirt, upside-down.




I started these on the plane about 8 months ago. Felt cookies, with 0-6 chocolate chips on each. Why did it take me that long? They were still packed in my in-flight bag. Ya. We are still unpacking.



An art case for crayons & paper. Olivia is inseparable from her art materials these days. I really liked the plain and natural fabrics used. As David commented, it would get marked all over, but I'm totally okay with that for this.









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Md

4 comments:

  1. I placed a comment on this one last night, but it didn't show today. Now I can see all the pictures. I like the skirt! Who will wear the hood - you or Olivia? I can't really see the size in the pics. I was trying to make something like that last winter... but it ended up in the garbage. Now I get a better idea... maybe next winter. I love the felt cookies. Maybe something I can add to Lenara's fruit and vegetables basket some day. But so many unfinished projects laying around still, so many birdies on my mind. ;))) I feel crazy too these days. But crazy in a good way. Except for Lenara being sick all the time, life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. erm... why do YOU feel crazy at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, German Sister. If you're a brat, can I call you a bratwurst? hahaha?

    I don't know, I just felt hormonal. So, I sew, and sew.

    The hood is for Olivia. I measured her head when she was sleeping, it was about the size from end of my thumb to end of my pointer finger (doubled), so I did that as the measurement. Seriously, it took about 5 minutes and it's my favorite thing she wears right now.

    I can't believe I made cookies first for the felt things. We happened to get the other felt fruits from Ikea. But, I love your collection because they are all so pretty. Ah, those are my projects I haven't completed.

    Crazy and hectic is good, and it means productivity for me. Olivia is going on a week without being sick and I'm so grateful because it seems like it was not going to end.

    Maybe connection times out while comments are being processed or something. I have yet to figure out why some comments post and some do not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same with Lenara - sick all the time. Hoping it gets better next winter. I went to the doc again yesterday. We have to do tests on her digestion now. First her poop will be tested. The doc said she might need gluten free food. Nothing for sure yet, but the thought already drives me crazy. I know someone who needs a gluten free diet and I always pitied him and thought it was horrible. Please not Lenara!! Please not us!! I only just now found peace with making some hot healthy food every day, I'm not ready for such an advanced step. Not talking about what it would mean for her. Let's just hope, the doc had a wrong suspicion. We have to wait for the tests. Might also just be the aftermath of the last stomache flu.

    ReplyDelete