Thursday, January 20, 2011

Valentines day prep

These are a simple little idea that I thought up and I am playing with the most simple design. They are just hearts cut out from a paper bag and sewn together with candy inside. I tucked in a little note, too. And, a pair of little socks. Who doesn't love socks.

Anyway, a dear friend is getting married in the near future. The ring is going to make it's appearance any day now. And, I have to get busy thinking up little ideas because although there is a budget, she doesn't want to even come close to spending it and I love that about her. The cost for this was next to nothing. I didn't bargain shop for candies, but I think that the candy could be purchased for less than what I paid for it. I think each heart maybe cost about 20c.

Not bad. Maybe they could be the little satchels for the rice to be thrown at the end. Maybe next year I will use this idea for the advent calendar.

The hearts are unfinished in this picture, but will read, "Have an OPEN HEART." Happy Valentine's Day. Love, The Conovers

News:- My cousin moved in because he is going to do his graduate degree at a university close to us. He moved all the way from Utah and David and he are friends already. It's been really awesome.
-I have a lump behind my knee and it's causing my leg to go numb. I called the insurance help line and they suggest compresses and not to massage it. Like I was going to massage it, ugh. I'm kind of worried about it, but I'm trying to be over stressed about it. My doctor appointment (the soonest I could get) is going to be on the 27th.
-We're trying to make a baby. No visuals! But ya. Kind of exciting! It might take a while, so I'll let you know as soon as I know anything. This is where I get nervous and just need to relax but want to be excited, but feel hesitant about "what ifs". I just need someone to tell me everything will be fine and to just have fun trying.
-I'm feeling pretty crafty, and not just in the baby making department. I really have my sewing machine out on the kitchen table and I am refusing it to put it away because it is just so good for my soul.
-David has been super busy this week. So, I am using all of this "me time" when Olivia is napping to organize (although it just looks messy at first) and to sew.
-Olivia is getting more fun everyday. She is so observant and doesn't miss anything. She loves to be funny and the center of attention. I really want her to have the skill of playing alone more. Her eating has got waaaay better and I don't worry about it because she eats quite a bit. I'm still nursing her, but waaaay less and I think that has helped.
-I miss you! I hope you are having tons of fun and will post photos when you come back. And, I love knowing that you are thinking of the blog and possibly missing it.
: )














1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea. You're just too sweet. I didn't realize (until just now) that V-day is coming up. Time to make a plan not to feel too frustrated...

    ReplyDelete