Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sewing Therapy

I bought a skirt from the second hand store.





It was 50% off of $2.98.





I used a dress (sized for a 2 year old) as a guide.





Then I cut the bottom hem off to make it the right length. I want it to be a long shirt/short dress look.





The fabric was thick so instead of gathering it with a loose stitch, I added elastic I had on hand to gather the fabric.





The zipper and closure never moved. That's one thing I liked about this project.

The bottom hem that was cut off became the two straps. I stitched excess fabric on to cover the elastic on the inside.





Here's the final product and a bow to match.

Why am I loving plaids so much right now!! I want to add a heart or embellish it somehow but I don't want it to be cheesy-girly, just sweet and simple.





This was my rendition of the "easy dress" from a couple of posts ago.

It was fun and simple. Try it?!




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I like it! A lot! I can just feel your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing Therapy could be title for your/our next blog... hehe

    ReplyDelete