Friday, January 21, 2011

Sewing Project List

David is going to be gone the whole weekend and I am going to enjoy it, no offense David!

I really have a hard time staying focussed when I sew. Basically, there are just so many things that I want to sew I get close to selecting the fabric or looking for a template and finding something else that I like more. Then, Olivia wakes up and I haven't got anything done.

So, my goal is to sew and hopefully finish something everyday this week (added Sunday night: it sooo never happened). I am really looking forward to this! Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Woo hoo!!! Also, I am only going to use what I have.

Everything pictured is lovely and I also have a list: (It may not make sense, but I will have photos later of what I finish. I just love the way it feels to want to make something and to actually do it)

-Quiet book (this may take the whole weekend): buttons, snaps, finger puppets, pockets,
-Crayon roll (20 min)
one or all of the following:
House pillow (20 min)
Tree pillow
Bird pillow

-**Postcard set (3 hours...must purchase fabric paper to complete this one)
-DONE. Snack bags (10 min)
-baby and baby blanket (1 hour)
-place mats (30 min)
-fabric napkins (30 min)
-Simple dress below: (30 min)
-Corduroy dress below: (1 hour?)
-Drawstring bag for sweet little Olivia keepsakes: (1 hour...embroidery "O")

So, added up, I don't have enough time to do everything. But, I really want results.
Hmm...decisions, decisions!

(Note: added Tuesday: I am going to make something or work on something each night when Olivia goes to sleep. Tonight I am going to make the simple dress!

Friday:
Fabric Napkins (just to get the creative juices flowing) set of 4 minimum.
Snack bags (these are practical and I need them asap)
crayon roll/apron (this is going to be perfect for my niece!)

Saturday:
Corduroy dress!
House pillow

Sunday: Quiet book (I think I will add a zipper and buttoning page). This one is pretty simple. I want to have one to keep in my bag for when we get stuck in traffic or when we are sitting in a doctor's office or waiting area for a long time. Olivia is very patient, but it would be a fun thing for her in an unfun time! The tic tac toe is a little advanced for her but I think I might do a page to match. Like putting the green on the green, etc. Another page that I saw somewhere that I liked was a pocket with little finger puppets inside. So, below is just an inspiration. I do like that there are just a few colors used.






I may switch the Saturday and Sunday sewing projects. Ya, I have to write this all down, even that I am giving myself permission to switch, because that is how spay I get about routine. I really like knowing what is going to be expected (even from myself).

How cute and easy is this! Love it!





We use little snack bags like crazy and I don't like using plastic so I am going to make these.





This is sweet and simple...I love this. It just looks like our girls to me.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. That's just how I try to get my free time organized. And I also tend to underestimate the timing of sewing projects... I have tons of unfinished, but started projects piled up and even more not even started on my mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a tutorial for what you call "simple dress"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you actually put in your snack bags? Crackers? I imported all types of ziplock bags from my US vacation... they are sooo convenient. But like you say, kind of annoying...

    ReplyDelete