Thursday, March 10, 2011

Goodnight, Baby

I knew tonight was going to be tough for Olivia to fall asleep. I think she knew, too. It was the first night I gave a real try for her to get back on schedule. We've been going to sleep around midnight since we've come back from Oregon (they are 3 hours earlier than us here).

So, tonight when I told Olivia it was bedtime she went to her baby and first gave her to me. Then, I gave the baby back to Olivia and said "Goodnight Baby". Olivia walked over to the rocking chair, put the doll in and said "rock, rock,rock"' then waved goodnight and headed up the stairs. Then, she was ready.

One thing I don't mention too much is how particular Olivia is. Maybe it's because I don't want her to sound like a trouble or a brat, because she is definitely not. Olivia really has a sense of the way things should be. She remembers where things were and how things were and what was said. She is that way with routine also. We do the same songs & pattern each night. She chooses the same books too. but tonight, this was different so I just had to record this little special bit.

So precious.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment