Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dear K,

Seriously, why do we ever go outside? Sometimes, I seriously think that. Are people crazy, or is it me? Fasching Hell seems like 99% of the kids things to do here. Overstimulation central and just unruly and wild. You explained things wonderfully because I know that glazed over look that Olivia gets when too many things are going on at once, and it always delights me that she finds her ground in those situations and it's pleasing to take note of the interest that is most interesting, among everything there is to choose from. I can't tell you how many times I think that we are just meant to wander. We love just going on walks and being free. I don't know exactly how you envisioned KinderFasching to be but it was obvious that your expectation didn't get met. And, that's something that we want for the kids. To have a tradition or to give the fun that was a special time for us as children.

I'm sick of leaving comments and they don't show up. Seriously. Geesh!

Sweet birdies to Louise, and I love the sign. (Maybe even more so because we just had a family friend pass away who was named Louise and it made me smile that a little baby girl is getting birds, which are pretty).

I've had some interesting things happen lately, but I've been away from the blog and on vacation. Just checking in to say hi and that I really love the posts and your though processes about budgets, the wrapping paper, your bird sewing obsession : ) and life right now. It makes me miss you more and it makes me think that we were extremely unidentical twins who were seperated at birth.

Get some sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Your post just made my day. I was on my way on turning depressive tonight. One of those days where I feel disconnected from the real world and people. Feeling lonely. But hey, there is my 'extremely unidentical twin' (that's the funniest thought I heard in a long time. But I like it!) across the ocean - somewhere in the air hopefully by now - and leaving such a sweet message. Happy birthday, Olivia's Mom, my dear friend and extremely unidentical twin! I'm not sure this blog was a good idea, getting to know each other better and better doesn't make things easier. I'm curious about those things happening in your life. Wanna come over for a playdate and talk? Love, Lenara's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, let's do coffee & nutella in the morning. Olive and I are going to walk (& swim!) over. I'm glad we've been there for eachother via the blog!

    ReplyDelete