Saturday, March 31, 2012

Our new neighbor(s)

Since we changed the time to summer time last week, it's really light out, when we go to bed. So I decided to reinstall our window cover - some "thing" I sew last summer consisting of several layers of newspaper covered with a fabrique that matches our bedroom and which is attached to our window frame with velcro. While redoing the velcro tape on the frame, I spotted a dove in the rain drain (or whatever it's called). She is having a nest there with eggs (or at least one I saw). We hate those doves on our roof top - or basically always around the windows of our apartment under the roof. Dove poop everywhere. And I'm always scarred one day, I'll find one in my living room, bc I left the window open. Anyway... she was a big attraction to L. I had to put her up in the window spot several times and she almost wouldn't go to bed. I'm hoping we'll see the little birdies also. It would be a fun wild-life-real-life-outdoor-right-outside-of-our-window-project. We hate those doves in general. But we kinda welcome our new neighbor (gotta name her).

 


2 comments:

  1. It had never crossed my mind earlier... But, hey, building a nest in a rain drain isn't the very best idea. Now we only see left, dead eggs on a dirty roof top... the parents left (shame on them!) :(( This could have been so awesome.

    ReplyDelete