Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gone Fishin'

...something for O to play with on rainy days. It rains all the time here. It's made from a simple magnet and some washers all from the hardware store. The fish are from scraps of fabric with button eyes. I started to get lofty about the pretty and elaborate fish I wanted to make but I decided to just make the fish so the playing could begin.


In exchange for my homemade bread, a lady taught me how to make our own yogurt. It's really easy, basically heat it and then cool it, then let it sit. Its so much better than all the sweetened yogurts here. And, Olivia liked it! It even worked with the lactose-free milk.



Other than these things, I'm trying to 'get out of the way' more and let Olivia play but be the warm presence at the same time. There's been rain, snow, and intermittent flower planting. Olivia picked the colors of the primroses (which are frost durable) then she helped dig and cover along side.






It's funny really because we've done more mommy-daughter things but I've made it a point to not have the phone/camera with me. I feel like I want to not rush the product but focus on the process more...which leaves only product pictures though.




Thinking about a hair cut...but we love the bed head.

3 comments:

  1. I love the fish! It's a great gift for other kids also.
    Though... "my" sewing machine isn't working right anymore. Something's wrong and the yarn gets pulled in the machine. I hate it, especially since I'm back in the sewing mood again. And it's not my own machine... I want one of my own!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh plus, I never buy sugared or flavored yoghurt. Just the plain natural one and we add fruit or plain apple sauce (sugarfree). I have no clue how to make it though... would you explain? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia played with the fish for a bit but really likes the magnet. I think I am going to keep one in my purse now for those moments of standing in lines or whatever when she might need something to do.

    I just ordered the probe thermometer and it will probably arrive this week, which I need for the yogurt making. Since I know you like plain yogurt and have the interest in making it, when I go about making it I will post photos and a tutorial. Though, if you have the probe thermometer and are really wanting to make it, there are probably videos on YouTube about it.

    ReplyDelete