Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A nice little list from a Waldorf article...

Decide how you want your home to feel.
Get on the same page as your partner.
Rise before your family.
Own motherhood.
Be firm and loving.
Be consistent.
Decide where your moral compass is - remember that Steiner believed religion and spiritual life was a HUGE part of raising children.
Hold authority. 
Pray and meditate about your family each day.
Continual evaluation and meditation about situations, behaviors and how you can keep with #1. 

2 comments:

  1. hah, seems like naturally some of them are the basis for our family life. Even though I've never read about the Waldorf philosophy - I just experience it from some people surrounding us. And in general, I try to analyse why some parents impress me... and some don't.
    I'm not so sure about the religious part of the Waldorf philosphy though. So far some of the religious comments had a rather frightening effect on me. I have a problem with the part of religion that involves the concept that people in general are sinners and you're supposed to be afraid of evil and make up for your bad side. In my philosophy people are good in general and just shaped by their surroundings and the way they are treated. Anyway, thanks for posting this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just copied and pasted from a Waldorf site. None of my own words.

    ReplyDelete