Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mooncup

I came across this "Mooncup" while surfing the web. It's an interesting idea.

The Mooncup® is the original silicone menstrual cup designed by women to be a convenient, safe and eco-friendly alternative to tampons and sanitary pads. Loved by women all around the world, and made in the UK by a multi-award winning ethical business, the Mooncup offers an end to the waste, discomfort and expense of disposable sanitary protection.



I have my period coming up next week (now you know it!), let's see if the order will be here on time. I'm so curious, if it works. It was a big investment on my side. But I'm working again, so I can afford things like that every once in a while (ok, next time it will be nailpolish or good coffee again). It's supposed to be usable for 10 years!! So 30 Euros doesn't seem like such a big investment in the long run. I'll keep you updated on the return-of-investment.

Side note: There are two sizes. One is smaller for ladies under 30 or who haven't given birth yet, and the larger one for ladies over 30 or those who have given birth already. It made me feel old since I had to order the large one - not only for having given birth. But yes, I better get used to the thought of being 30 soon...

I'm not sure, if I would have liked this idea a couple of years ago. But to me it feels like now that I've given birth AND I'm turning 30 (yes), so many things have been stuck in my vagina so far, why not a cup?! Especially if it turns out useful. (next to pressing a child through it - which has been the most useful purpose so far... oh wait, maybe not......).

3 comments:

  1. LOL, and here's the funniest part about this. I thought to myself: "And it's a really good thing to use when you're pregnant, too, bc it's said to avoid germs which come along with tampons." Get it?! Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thought--oops!

    I'm interested to see how it goes! Ive used something like this. We'll compare consumer's notes once you use the product. I've never been so excited for someone to get their period before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jen, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete