Thursday, July 14, 2011

Don't, Mommy!

I get to hear a lot of DONT's from my 2-year-old lately.
--
Don't chew on that pencil, Mommy.

Don't get up from the table before I'm finished, Mommy.

Don't walk in the living room with your shoes on, Mommy.
--
At times it's getting quite annoying. But it does show that she actually understood the rules that we have. So yeah! And I have to admit, she is right sometimes. It's funny how it makes you realize how important Mommies are as rolemodels.

Yet today, I got to hear a new one. Soooo funny. We were sitting at the lunch table. Eating, talking. Like usually. Nothing special. I must have been drifting away in my thoughts and suddenly she got very angry:

Don't look at my pacifier, Mommy!!!

Ewwww, what???? My face must have been turned toward the pacifier lying on the table, while I was dreaming. And it made her really really angry. I thought it was too funny. So later on I kept teasing her: Lala, I'm looking at your pacifier!!! Look! Look! I'm looking... And it became a really good joke. We cracked down laughing. I think it's one of our first running gags.

2 comments: