Friday, August 19, 2011

Our summer

Lots of library time. It's been hot and Olivia has loved 'reading'.


This is what Olivia has been doing lately. If she's reading, she gives everyone else a book to read too. Quite the little manager.


Our porch play sink. We've used it as a pool. Also as a bath this week. We are very classy.


When it has been cool (which has been very seldom) we have gone to the park.


Some baking of scones has been done. These are tomato feta.


Stovetop peach jam. I overbought at the outdoor market.


All Olivia wants to do is hold babies and birds lately. Olivia is very nurturing when she wants to be.


Lots of this...poor dog.


I did the hard thing one day and had Olivia go to bed alone. It was taking hours to get her to sleep and I was getting so upset and impatient. It worked and didn't take too long either. I just reassured her I was right there and then it got really quiet...


So I've been able to eat a nice lunch alone of tomatoes with balsamic vinegarette and mozzarella.



And finally, I got to sew a reversible smock.


Side B



No comments:

Post a Comment